Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

What a week

The past few months have been tough.  But I manage to get things done, kind of.
This past week has been really tough, all because of David.  He is a great kid and since
hubby died he has taken on the role of errand runner.  I can't drive or ride a bicycle. So
once or twice a week David jumps on his bike and goes to the stores that are too far for me to
walk to, basically the drug store that sells cheap milk and bread.  He has become so
responsible for this that most of the time he goes without me having to ask.  But not this week.
This week he tore a ligament in his leg, not the first time but the way he did it was rather funny.
He stood up.  That is not a typo!!  He was kneeling on the floor went to stand up but twisted his
foot under him.  Poor boy had to suffer all Monday because it was a holiday, we went to
the doctor, by taxi, on Tuesday where he got x-rayed and I had a good laugh while the doctor
poked at his foot and asked if it hurt.


The Foot, the swelling has gone down now


This is what David is doing, playing shogi, Japanese chess, on the computer
 
So I have  to do all the errands that David does.  Talk about tired!!

Turning 20 in Japan is a big thing, at 20 kids become adults.  The schools in  Japan have an event when the kids are in the fourth grade, aged 10.  They are half way to becoming adults.  Last week was Hannah's class.  Each child had written what they remembered from the last ten years and their hopes and dreams for the future.  Hannah read hers first.  She wants to be a teacher.  It was an open lesson, so I went and I cried.  First one without hubby kind of hard!!   But Hannah did very well, she spoke in a clear voice, very different to the shy girl who wouldn't even say her name when she
started at the school two years ago!!  I am very proud of her.


Hannah reading her speech, she should of taken her mask off

 
And last week we had snow, looked nice while it lasted.  All of one hour!!!!




Out on the road

Side of the house
I rhink that is all for now.  I know I should update more often but I never seem to have time, I will try!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope by now your son's foot is completely healed! Bless him for being such a big help to you!! Wonderful about your daughter! It's such a blessing to see them grow and mature! I thought we were the only place that got "one hour's" worth of snow...!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comments. David is still hobbling about better but he can't walk far. He has managed to do a bit of shopping for me. He sounds like a real housewife,he knows where the best place for milk, bread, tissues are. How many other 18 year olds know that?

      Delete