Pages

Friday, September 2, 2022

Why?

 At the end of July, beginning of August Hannah spent time researching the best driving school.  She read a lot of reviews, compared pricing and accommodation.  She finally settled on one just outside the city.  She made her reservation, paid for it, even got a discount because she paid early.  This week we went shopping for a few things that she might need.  She should leave early Tuesday morning!  I say should because that is the day a typhoon is supposed to sweep through here. If the typhoon doesn't get any weaker it is going to be very bad, maybe no trains, possible floods and landslides.  The driving school is going to call this morning, if they think it is going to be bad then they will ask that Hannah goes earlier, either Sunday or Monday.  I don't understand that, going a day later would be better!  If she goes early, she will have to stay in the hotel, by herself, through a bad storm.  Not the best thing.  If she goes early, I'll tell her to take her kindle, she can watch movies on it!  There's a TV in the room but Japanese TV isn't that good!

So, I want to know why this always seems to happen.  I've spent the past month convincing myself that Hannah will be okay going by herself.  She's 20 and rather grown up, it's just an hour's drive from here.  She has promised to message me every day, I have to send cat photos to her.  We can face time and if things go bad either Mikey or David will drive to pick her up. So, I wasn't overly worried, a little worried but I could cope with that.  But now a massive typhoon is coming on the day she leaves.  Why couldn't it come earlier or later?  I keep telling myself not to worry but that isn't working!

And of course, the cats are up to no good.  Found Fred on my kindle the other day, he had his paws on the screen.  Somehow, he downloaded the Peter Pan movie!

Fred with my kindle!



No comments:

Post a Comment