Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Holiday

 This week is my summer holiday. No classes until Saturday then free until next Wednesday.  Sounds great but I'm having a hard time.  We aren't going anywhere, even shopping I get sick and dizzy. Went to the mall Monday evening with David, after 10 minutes I was soaking wet with sweat. My face was the worst because of wearing a mask!  So I've decided that I don't have the energy to deal with that.  I can't explain how uncomfortable it is, just one breath and sweat is dripping off my face. I use the gel I bought, it helps, a bit!  So staying home, which is okay but I feel like I should do something, clean, prepare for classes, study Japanese but I really don't want to!  Today was awful. Woke up with a bad headache because of a thunderstorm.  It has rained all day, more forecast for tonight.  I slept late, didn't make lunch, then watched TV all afternoon.  I always feel that I should do something useful.  Is it wrong to not want to do anything?

One problem is cooking.  It's hard when it's hot!  In Japan cold noodles are popular, so I've been trying out a few.


These are somen noodles.  They are very fine and cook up in 2 minutes.  Served with minced chicken cooked with soy sauce, mirin (Japanese wine) and grated ginger, omelet, cucumber, tomato, steamed asparagus and corn.  There is a dipping sauce to give the noodles taste, we usually just pour it on.


This is cold ramen.  Again easy to make!  With chicken, boiled eggs and tomato.

I'll be glad when it is cool enough to make soup and stews again!





































































































No comments:

Post a Comment