Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Corona virus ...yet again

In Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien Frodo says "I wish it need not have happened in my time"  to which Gandalf replies "So do I and so do all who live to see such times.  But that is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time given us"
I think this is a great message for the time we find ourselves in.
I remember studying about WW2 and feeling very grateful that I wasn't born at that time, 6 years of hell for everybody, no body escaped, suffering was universal.
The same feeling with this pandemic. I wished it had happened at another time, when I'm not here.  But it is happening now and the question is what do we do?
I'm not happy with the Japanese government as they are asking people to isolate or social distant themselves but no orders.  Schools closed for March but should be back next week, is that a good idea? Also kids were roaming around shopping malls not staying home.  I'm having a hard time because I would love to close down my English school but it's my only income, if I close I would lose the house as we live month to month with no savings.  I am using a lot of bleach to wipe down all surfaces that get touched!  We wash our hands constantly, mine are getting raw from washing so much.  Also we don't go out, supermarket about twice a week, drug store the same.  I had to go to the dentist but I washed my hands, face and rinsed my mouth when I got home. I'm trying to be positive, to accept that this is our lot in life.  I feel sorry for my family and friends in the UK who are in lockdown.  I hope that everybody is staying safe!

To keep you entertained Hannah found these songs on YouTube.  I know this is serious and I know that many families are grieving and struggling but we need to laugh as well.  Enjoy!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdcS0Nbo7Ng&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5azNpTwVk8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OCZRann8w&feature=youtu.be

2 comments:

  1. I love the songs. Thank you Hanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your concern. My son, DIL and GS live in Kagoshima. I've sent mask and hand wipes. Only hope everyone stays safe. Love the songs.

    ReplyDelete