Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Husband's birthday!

Yesterday would of been Hisao's 54th birthday!
It's hard to believe that he passed away two and half years ago.  Seems like the other day, seems like eternity!
One thing that I have realised is that I have let things go over the past couple of years.  Grief is exhausting on so many levels.  And coping alone doesn't help.  I have good friends who listen to me moan and cry but no professional grief councilors around!  Sometimes it has been hard, sitting on the kitchen floor crying my eyes out hard.  But I realise that I have a life, I didn't die with my husband, only part of my heart.  So I need to live, need to get my health better so I can all the things that we dreamed of.  I don't know how but I want to travel, at least see more of Japan!
My goal for the month of June is to do  something everyday!  May not sound like a lot but I hate the rainy season and the summers here.  When it gets hot and humid I just want to sit with the air conditioner on and not move at all.  So this year I am going to challenge that!  So far it isn't too hot, actually last Friday was only16C. I was so happy!
I will let you know how this challenge goes.  Today was good, did half an hour on my exercise bike and cleaned behind the stove!  Tomorrow........?

This is how I remember my husband. playing peek a boo in a restaurant!!!

4 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing women. Your husband sounds like he was a nice guy. I nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog" award. I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and for nominating me. I've never been nominated for anything before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! You are supposed to 1) link back to me 2) say seven things about yourself 3.) Link to any blogs you think are lovely (or that you like). And copy and paste the One Lovely Blog seal from my blog to your blog! You are an amazing woman with an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog is : https://wespeakjapaneseandenglish.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete