Pages

Friday, May 31, 2024

June

 If you have read any of my posts from the past few years you will know that June is full of many emotionally triggering days.

My husband's birthday is next week. A very bittersweet day for me. I want to celebrate his birth but at the same time, I still miss him.  It's hard to imagine what he would be like now.

The end of the month, my Mom passed away. She would be 84 now, 20 long years since she passed. 

Also, June is when I had my cancer and mastectomy.  Six years ago.  I still have to see the doctor for another 4 years!

And the month that our lovely dog Lucky passed away.

It's also halfway through the year.  I'm wondering if I have fulfilled or at least made a start on any of the goals I set for this year.  What can I change or do to make the rest of this year fruitful?

Then there is the weather.  The end of June and the beginning of July is the rainy season.  The past few years the rainy season has become a time of disasters.  What used to be gentle rain is now torrential rain that doesn't help to water the ground but rather washes away the good topsoil.  There are floods almost every year and landslides.  The house we are moving to is at the base of a mountain that has had a few landslides over the past 15 years or so.  So far none have been close to the house but it is a worry.  After the rainy season is my least favorite time of year.....summer!!

This year I have decided to look for good things in this month!  I've asked some of my students to tell me what is good about June!

Today has started off good.  David's sickness was caused by him having toothache!  It's not good that he has toothache but at least it's something that is treatable. Apparently his tooth suddenly started to hurt while he was working, and being very tired made him throw up.  He found a dentist nearby and made an appointment.  He didn't really note the name or address of the dentist, just the general area.  He said that when he was driving he noticed that there are many dentists with similar names. He went into 5 different ones before he found the one that he had made the appointment at!  I think he is having a root canal, so a few more appointments, but he is okay now.

Selfie on my phone

If I leave my phone lying around David takes selfies and sends them to Hannah!

The other good thing is that Mikey has a paid magic show today.  He has another one later in the month.  I hope that he can get a few more and he can start to make some money from this!

I really hope to find good things to write about. I need to be more positive. I can't change what has happened but I can make changes now for a better future!


No comments:

Post a Comment