Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2024

The Pain Clinic

The doctor yesterday wrote a letter explaining my symptoms and the pain I was experiencing. The staff made an appointment for the same day. I was hoping I could get some relief. No still in pain, actually it feels worse. The pain was localised now it seems to be spreading. 

I decided to walk. According to Google Maps, it's only 17 minutes from the house, took me just over 20 minutes.  Not too bad considering it was all uphill.

When I got there the first thing was to check height, weight, and blood pressure.  My blood pressure was down, my weight up and I've lost another 3cm in height!  After filling in the paper worker it was a case of waiting.  Not too long, maybe 30 minutes. I was surprised that the walk had eased the pain but sitting started it up again.  Talked to the doctor, she said that this will get worse before it gets better, not what I wanted to hear.  She prescribed an extra painkiller for the night and some Chinese herbal medicine,  I then had an X-ray and blood test.  She wants to give me an injection of nerve blockers but wanted to make sure that my spine was okay and that my blood wasn't too thin.  I have to go next Tuesday morning, I don't want this but I need it.  I start teaching on Wednesday and need to be a bit better by then.



The main road up to the clinic
It's hard to see but the area is surrounded by mountains.  This is normal in Japan,  mountains everywhere.

Christopher bought some lovely meat pies. So dinner was meat pies, baked potatoes, and meat pies.

meat pies
Nice dinner

And of course, cake for Hannah's birthday.


Hannah's cakes





No comments:

Post a Comment