Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Summer Colds

 For the past couple of weeks, Hannah has been battling a lingering summer cold. She's not really sick but coughing almost all night has exhausted her.  She had a low-grade fever for a few days.  After another night of no sleep, I told her to go to the doctor to get some medicine to help with the cough. She went to the local clinic and came back with a load of medicine.  I was hoping that she would recover but of course, life isn't that straightforward.  One of the medicines has a side effect of making your heart race. she took the full dose the first night but couldn't sleep because her heart was racing so fast. The next night she took half the dose, which is what the pharmacist said to do, but her heart was still racing.  We checked on my blood pressure machine, her heart rate was 118 per minute.  She gave up on those medicines.  She is a lot better, finally!

But of course, Hannah isn't the only one sick.  Last night David had a fever,  of 38.5C,  a little bit high. He didn't have work so managed to sleep on and off during the night.  This morning he was no better, complaining of a sore throat, headache, body aches, and nausea.  I told him he should go to the doctor so Mikey drove him this morning.  I was thinking that he might have flu.  But he has covid!!  He's sleeping now, I hope he can recover quickly.  We don't have to isolate, covid is in the same category as the flu now. But I told Hannah to inform the manager at the nursery where she is working.  The children are basically babies and toddlers for which covid might still be dangerous.  I'm not sure if the nursery has a protocol in place for this situation.  Hannah said that one of the other staff didn't come in last week because their husband had covid.  

I had plans for today but couldn't do anything.  I have a headache, I think it has to do with the weather. It's raining and the humidity is high.  I struggle to feel good in this weather.  Never mind I can rest again after my class.  

Selfie

 David keeps taking selfies on my phone and sending them to Hannah!  His phone camera is broken, may be taking too many selfies.  

copying the cat's expression


No comments:

Post a Comment