Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Feeling Bleh

 Why do summer colds feel worse than winter colds?

I'm not really sick, low-grade fever, sore throat, and headache.  But I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I have no energy at all. I can't blame it on the heat as it is rather cool today, just 21C at the moment. Yesterday I cooked and cleaned but feel as if I've done more than that.  I know I'm stressed at the moment, the kid's health and our money situation but surely I shouldn't be this tired.  I know there is nothing wrong with me, I had a full check-up at the beginning of the month so why so tired and feeling run down!?

David is feeling a bit better but still has a high fever. He was complaining of a sore throat last night.  I'm trying to get him to eat but he doesn't have much appetite, he had some soup yesterday, wondering what to get him today!!

I wanted to go to the other house today but decided against it. I just don't have the energy and when I feel like this I get upset at the smallest thing.  I need to shop and pay bills!  Then just rest, and prepare for classes for the next few days.  Try not to feel guilty about not going to the other house, I tell myself that even if I go I won't be able to do much.  We still have a few months, I hope to go a few times during the summer.  We will get there.  Having a couple of rooms cleaned out really helps.  I can see what I want to do, how to arrange things and what I need to change to make the house ours and not my mother-in-law's.

One thing I would love to do is to have a second floor.  The views of the mountains are stunning but we can't really see them because of the house in front of ours. It's on a higher elevation and two stories tall. We can see the top of the mountains but I would love to see the sides.  The way the foliage changes through the seasons is really amazing.  There are so many shades of green, in the spring the cherry blossoms and in the autumn the colored leaves are beautiful. Maybe some kind of deck with a second floor?  Something to think about and research!

Mountains from the road


The same range from a nearby park


No comments:

Post a Comment