Recipes

Friday, June 7, 2024

Hisao's Birthday

 Today Hisao would have been 63!

I know it's twelve and a half years since he passed but these kinds of days are hard.  So many memories.  But also the lost chance to make more.  

Thinking about this makes me realize how precious each day is and how I need to focus now.  I have to create memories for my kids to carry forward.  To do things together, to go places and enjoy our lives.  I'm stressed over this move but need to accept it and make the most of it.  See it as an adventure and not a disaster. 

I wanted to post some photos I found of Hisao but Hannah is busy and I have no idea how to scan the photos.  Maybe tomorrow.  Here are some that I have on this computer.

maybe elementary school

In his 20s

with David

All of us, many years ago

I've been very busy today.  It helps!

Went to the other house, we have power but still no water.  Having lights really helped. 

I managed to get a lot of stuff out of the tatami room.  But I've dumped it in the storage room.  Not the best thing I know but I'm feeling so much time pressure. I just want the house empty so I can clean before it gets too hot!


Few more bits to pick up

The stuff in the left-hand corner is from this house,  mainly books and heavy blankets.  I hope to take the vacuum cleaner next week, I swept a bit but the tatami mats need to be vacuumed and wiped with a damp cloth.

Once I have water on I can get the dust dealt with.  The biggest cleaning will be the kitchen and bathroom.  So much mold!

Do you remember this guy?

He grew hair!


Looking good!

The hydrangeas are starting to bloom.  They are really beautiful but means that the rainy season will start soon!!


I love this color

 

No comments:

Post a Comment