Recipes

Monday, June 3, 2024

Checked The Land

 Big mistake!  

We have about 16 pieces of land scattered around the area. I know of 11, I need to find out the other 5 pieces.

Yesterday David and I went to look at two pieces of land near the house. Totally overgrown.  The one is so bad that the driveway has gone! 

Where the small bush should be the driveway

The land opposite I really like. The view of the mountains is stunning.  I would love to have a house here but it's zoned as farming land so difficult to change. 

Totally overgrown

Beautiful view

In autumn it is really lovely.  We had persimmon trees on here, I would love to try to get them to have fruit again.

But I have so much on my plate with the house and the land there that I can't think about the other land at the moment.

We are still trying to get power and water on. It shouldn't be that hard!  David found what he thinks is the mains water but even he opened it full still no water.  I figured that it might be on a pump so no power no water. He called the electric company, and they sent somebody to check the meter. I hope next time we will have power and water.

I'm wondering what to do about all these ornaments my mother-in-law collected.  I don't think there is anything of value but it feels wrong just to dump them.  I need to get them out otherwise the house won't feel like mine.

I'm really feeling time pressure now.  It's June, and I want to be moved in by November.  But I don't know if I can do anything in the summer.  One idea is to get up early and do some before it gets hot.

On Sunday and yesterday I had a look around some furniture shops to get ideas.  I won't be able to buy anything until next year but just seeing what's available is good.  I will use what I have now but would love to replace some things.  Looking is free so it's okay!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment