Pages

Friday, June 7, 2024

Photos

 Hannah had time this morning to scan the photos.

Hisao is on the right

I have no story for this photo.  Looks like a college outing!  


in his 20s, maybe.

Again I don't when this was taken.  When I was cleaning the outside storage area I found boxes of photos that my mother-in-law had put there.  I managed to save them.  Some are of people I recognize but most are of people I don't know!

visiting the UK

This was the first time we visited my family.  We both look young and skinny!! 


with mother-in-law
Maybe the first time to meet my mother-in-law.  This is in the old house. 

Mikey

When Mikey was born Hisao would come and visit me in the hospital.  He would spend all his time just staring at Mikey.  He was so amazed at this baby we had made.  He really loved his kids!

at a cousin's wedding

My mother-in-law is on the left, and next is Hisao's grandmother.  I was surprised that they wore black for a wedding.  Apparently, that is normal here. Also, there was no dancing.  The family is seated the furthest away from the bride and groom, except for the parents. And of course the speeches go on forever!!

The old house

I was surprised to see this photo.  The building in front is the storage that is still there.  The house is the one that was demolished to make way for the house we are moving into.  The old house was lovely but had a lot of problems.  A typhoon in 1991 ripped off the roof and the back of the house was badly damaged.  My mother-in-law was told that building a new house was better than trying to repair it.  I wonder if that was true or if the builders just saw a chance to make some money!  In the long run, building the house that is there now might have been for the best as it is closer to the earthquake standards than the old house would have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment