Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

I've Had Enough....

 of summer.  And it hasn't really started yet!

Yesterday and today saw highs of 33C.  Humidity between 60 to 80%.

Yesterday I was watching TV in the evening, and the sweat was just pouring out of me.  Just breathing was making me sweat.  But because the humidity was so high the sweat doesn't evaporate.  I kept washing and wiping my face but it didn't help.  To think that we have at least 5 months of this is depressing.  There is no respite from the heat and humidity.

I watched the weather report last night.  All of Japan was over 30C.  Even Sapporo in Hokkaido hit 30C. It looks like it will be like this for the rest of the week.  

I know other countries have it worse.  Indian is on the news almost every day, with temperatures nearly 50C.  I don't know how people are surviving!

On Wednesday we usually go to the other house.  Today I decided not to go.  I wasn't feeling all that good and Mikey was recovering from his cold.  Went shopping.  I'm glad we didn't go as I got sick in the shops, dizzy, and nauseous.  I kept "doing the penguin", standing in front of the freezers to cool down, shop a bit, then back to the freezers!! Helped a bit.

Yes, that fat lady with white hair is me.

This is the supermarket near the house where Christopher works.  It's closing down next month for renovations.  It needs doing, the equipment is old, today one of the freezers was leaking, again.  I think when it is reopened it will be very nice but we won't be here to enjoy it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment