Recipes

Monday, June 17, 2024

I Can't Win

 Last week was awful.  The heat and humidity were so high that just breathing made me sweat.  I pushed to do things here and at the other house but it was hard and exhausting.  I spent every day getting really irritated over the smallest of things.  I tried to keep the kitchen clean and the floors swept and mopped, other jobs I got the kids to do. 

I was worried because this year feels harder than last year.  If this is because I'm getting older then each year is going to be progressively worse.  David pointed out that the temperature got higher earlier than last year. So maybe it's not just me.

Last night I checked the weather and noticed that today is going to be a bit cooler.  The forecast high was 28C, with lower humidity.  Great I thought to myself, a chance to get a load of jobs done.

But this morning I woke up with a sore throat, cough, and headache, feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.  Hannah said that she feels awful as well.  She came back yesterday afternoon and went to bed.  She also told me that one of the toddlers she was taking care of at the nursery had a high fever and cough.  So we might have caught a summer cold!  

So I can't win, the weather is great for cleaning but I feel awful, I could push and I might later. The problem is that the rest of this week looks like rain, maybe the beginning of the rainy season, very difficult to do a lot at the other house!

One thing I've been doing is sorting through some photos.  I have a Google Hub Nest.  A Christmas gift from David a few years ago. One thing I love about it is that it runs the photos I have stored.  It randomly shows photos, some recent, others older. Seeing some of the older photos I wonder what was going on.  For example, Mikey with a bucket on his head.

Why?

I never told him that was the bucket for cleaning the toilet!

Or this one of the lads in the kitchen, what are they talking about?


Or what was so funny?

Hannah having a good laugh

I think my favorite photos are the ones from long ago.

Hisao and Christopher

Christmas

Hisao and Hannah 
I thought things were tough when these photos were taken but when I look back on them things were very simple.  Maybe in a few years, this time in my life will seem easy and simple!







No comments:

Post a Comment