The extreme heat isn't letting up anytime soon!
Yesterday, Hakata, which is about an hour's drive from here, was 40.4℃. That's crazy hot!
Here everyday is over 35℃. I'm at the point now where I'm more than ready for winter!
As we drove to the other city to teach, I was watching the clouds build. I was really hoping for some rain, but all we got was a lightning storm.
This video is from the community centre where I was teaching. The sky is very dramatic; there are a couple of flashes of lightning!
Hannah sent me a video from her apartment; I think it was the same storm we were watching.
Again, dramatic skies but no rain!
Mikey had to go to a different community centre to teach. He said that as he was leaving, one drop of rain hit the windscreen, just one drop!
As I said, I'm ready for colder weather; even just a few degrees cooler would help. This constant heat is really exhausting. I'm lucky in that we have a couple of good air conditioners, but even though that helps, it is still hard. I don't want to move away from the air-conditioned rooms. Plus, trying to find the right temperature is hard. I get too cold, so I turn the air conditioner off, but after about half an hour I'm sweating again, so I put it back on. I've tried different settings, but nothing seems to work.
I really need to tackle the jungle! That's how overgrown the garden is now! I'm going to try and go out in the morning; even just a few minutes of pulling weeds or cutting back some of the bushes might help. I can't do a lot, but I can make a start!
There always seems to be a lot to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment