Recipes

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Sixty-Four

 That's how old I am today! 64 years old!

Just seeing that number makes me feel old!

I remember listening to the Beatles' song "When I'm 64" and thinking, "That's ancient!"

There again, I thought 38 was too old to have fun. Toward the end of primary school (elementary school), we were asked to imagine what the year 2000 would be like. I don't remember what I wrote, but I do remember figuring out that I would be 38, too old to enjoy any of the great inventions!

I'm not sure how I feel about being 64! It feels old, but I don't feel old. At least my thinking is still youngish! 

My body is still rebelling. I know I challenged myself to do better health-wise in August, but that kind of went out the window. I actually put on a kilo but have lost it again; I just need to lose its friends as well. I felt bloated for a while, so I'm not sure what is happening with my stomach. I'm back to drinking more water, which helps and having a bit of apple cider vinegar in my water in the morning. Exercise, however, is really hit-or-miss. I'm just so tired all the time, maybe because of the heat. I should just decide on a time and do some exercise; even a few minutes would help!

I am a bit worried about dementia! 

Recently I've noticed that I don't finish sentences! The kids think it's funny. I'll say something like "It's in the ......" and not finish what I want to say; the words just disappear from my head! Sometimes it's because I'm answering questions while thinking or doing something else. I think my fear of dementia is why I'm studying more- the use it or lose it idea. If I can keep my brain active, then maybe I can stave off dementia for a while.

Tomorrow David is treating me, Christopher and Hannah to sushi! Mikey has work, plus he doesn't like sushi!


Isn't this cute!

I'm still trying to figure out T-shirt designs! I love this image, but it looks like a picture just ironed onto the fabric. I want the image to look like it's part of the T-shirt! Trying to find the right prompt to get AI to do this is driving me crazy. 

This is one of my first T-shirts.

It's okay, but I want it to look more natural!
Just keep experimenting, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment