I've recovered from my sinus infection, only to end up with a sore throat and headache. I've been feeling rough; all I want to do is sleep. All I have been doing is sleeping!
This is driving me crazy. The weather has cooled down, and I want to get the house cleaned up as much as possible. I've spent the last week cleaning floors and other surfaces because the cats are sick. Looks like they all have some kind of respiratory virus, which means a lot of hacking and drooling all over the place. I know there's no choice, but I don't like finding it all over. I really hope they recover soon. The only good thing about them being sick is that it's very quiet; they have all lost their voice.
![]() |
| Sad, sick cats. |
Frodo was the first one to get sick. From what I understand, most cats carry a dormant respiratory virus. Last week the weather suddenly changed, from up 30℃s to lower 20℃s, almost overnight. This sudden change stressed the cats' systems, triggering the virus. At first, I thought that Mama cat had caught something from her last escape; there are a few cats around here, but she wasn't the first cat to get sick. I couldn't figure out why Frodo got sick first, as he rarely escapes; I don't think he's been out since we moved here. The dormant virus idea makes sense.
Sick cats, sick me; I hope that this passes soon. If I still feel bad on Monday, I'll have to go to the doctor again. I have to teach Tuesday through Thursday; it's hard when I feel so run down, even though I don't have many classes and the ones I have are easy enough to do. Just going to the next city makes me tired.
I'm going to make myself some ginger tea and get back in bed!
I will get better!!




No comments:
Post a Comment