It's raining; it's been raining since this morning, and it looks like it will continue for a few days. Am I the only one who's happy about this weather?
It's not the dangerous, flood-inducing type of rain, just a constant, steady downpour, and it's very cool! So refreshing after the stifling heat and humidity we've had this summer. Over the past couple of weeks, it has cooled down, especially at night, but the days are still getting up to 30℃!
I feel a lot better with my back and neck problems; the painkiller is strong enough that I actually got a good night's sleep and could make a decent lunch without feeling faint because of the pain.
I made a big pot of soup. No name to this soup, no recipe, just throw in what's in the fridge and hope for the best- my favourite kind of soup.
![]() |
| My no-name soup. |
I also put out stuff for sandwiches, including corned beef.
In England, corned beef is normal; I remember having corned beef sandwiches a few times a month. Here in Japan, it's hard to get. It usually comes in these tiny tins, about 80grams, just enough for one small sandwich. I was so happy to find a normal-sized one in a supermarket near where Hannah lives last week.
![]() |
I think I'll have to go to visit Hannah more often, just to buy corned beef!
The rest of the afternoon I've been reading and dozing! I've enjoyed today, but I don't think I could spend every day not doing things.
Tomorrow Hannah is going back to her apartment. She's been here for a few days; it's nice having her home. She loves to play with the cats; she has the energy to chase them around, which is good for them!
Next week is back to work; I've had a nice holiday. I got to go somewhere, which really helps. I don't like this house. I work so hard to keep it clean, but it never feels finished; there's always something that needs doing.
I'm going to have a nice cup of tea and read a bit more!


No comments:
Post a Comment