Recipes

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Feeling Listless

 I'm glad I went to the doctor yesterday and got some medicine to deal with my sinus infection.

I know that it's not a big deal, but I feel so listless; I just want to sleep all the time! 

I went to bed early last night, had a good sleep, and woke up thinking that I could get a few jobs done. The first thing I noticed this morning was how cold it was. I thought I had left my air conditioner on, but I only had the fan on! I love cold mornings; getting a nice cup of tea, waking up slowly, taking a few minutes before having to start the day feels nice. In the summer, I don't get that feeling. 

I was so happy that it was cold. I planned on doing lots of jobs but only did two things. I took down the rack that I keep my pots and pans on and gave it a good scrub, plus I cleaned the stovetop. These aren't big jobs; they took about 30 minutes. I planned to do a few more things, but I was so exhausted after that that just making lunch was an effort.

I've slept most of the afternoon and could sleep again now, but I want to have a good sleep tonight, so I'll stay awake for a while longer. One thing that drives me crazy is having an early night, going to bed at about 10pm only to be wide awake at 1am! Then tossing and turning for the rest of the night!

I hope that this cool weather continues! I really suffer during the summer, even with an air conditioner. The cooler weather helps me to get moving, not just doing chores but getting out in the garden and doing more exercise!

Hannah has another trip planned for us in October. To Kagoshima, the prefecture south of Kumamoto where the earthquake was. The hotels in those areas are offering cheap accommodation to get tourists back after the earthquake. Hannah has booked up for two nights away! There's a lot to see in the area, so we need to make a good schedule. I'm looking forward to it; I just have to make some money!

The other evening, the moon was so low and very beautiful; I took some photos, but they don't capture how lovely it was.




No comments:

Post a Comment