I've made my first sale on Etsy!
I'm happy but nervous! Will the customer like what they have ordered? Will there be problems with the printing? Will things go smoothly?
I really hope that this is the start of making money from Etsy; it's taken two months to make one sale.
I'm trying to enjoy the process of designing the images, of learning about the business and how to be successful. But I do need to make money!
I don't think teaching English where we live is going to provide a good income anymore. I've always relied on kids' classes to make money, but now there are so few children, especially where we live in the countryside. Therefore, my Etsy store has to be successful!
I can't complain; I've had a good run with teaching English! I think that the time of brick-and-mortar classes is winding down. In larger cities I think it's still profitable, but not like 35 years ago when I first came to Japan. Then, just being able to speak English meant you could get students!
I remember Hisao drew a leaflet, got it printed, and within 2 days we had 20 students! I had no idea what I was doing. I made alphabet bingo cards, bought some flashcards and a textbook. I started my little school for about 10,000 yen, definitely couldn't do that now!
First sale, let's hope it's the first of many!
This is my latest design.
The "Ber Months"Here's a link to it on my Etsy shop
Ber Months Cats Long Sleeve Tee | Cat Illustration, Fall to Christmas - Etsy Japan
I'm going to create a couple more designs now!

No comments:
Post a Comment