I seem to be spending a lot of time going to the doctor this year!
This time, it was because of the severe pain in my back.
I have a herniated disc in my neck. Most of the time, it's uncomfortable, especially when using the computer for a long time. For the past 10 days, however, it's been so painful that I can't sit or move my neck. The pain is in my neck and down my left shoulder.
Then, to add to my misery, my lower back started to hurt, especially after standing for a while; even washing a few dishes has been hard this week.
The clinic I went to today opened recently; it was my first time going there. Everything is very new; somehow, that was nice.
They recommended a bone density test. The test was simple: I just lay on a bed while a machine scanned my body. The results were surprisingly good. Compared to people the same age, my bone density is 120% better.
That was the good news. My X-rays showed a very deformed neck structure. It's curved to the right. I was prescribed some painkillers. I hope they work, as the next step is an injection.
I was offered electrical stimulation therapy to help with the pain. The two young therapists were trying to figure out how to explain to me what they were going to do; they didn't realise that I could understand them until I started laughing at their attempts to find the right English words! Actually, I was surprised at how much English some of the staff had; they weren't fluent, but they tried. I never expect people to speak English; this is Japan, and I should use Japanese, but it's always a nice feeling when people try!
I have to find some kind of exercise to help my neck and lower back. I'm tired of being in pain. Some gentle stretches to start with; then, as I feel better, I can do more. I want to be healthy!
While I was at the clinic, Mikey had a magic show for one of the nurseries he teaches at. Hannah went with him to take photos, so now I have loads of photos of Mikey!
![]() |
| The slippers don't really match his costume!! |




No comments:
Post a Comment