Recipes

Monday, October 7, 2024

It's Becoming Real

 Until today I've felt that the move is very far away. That maybe it won't really happen!

Over the weekend David move his bed to the other house.  Seeing that in the room that he will use made it very real. The bed is far too big and we will buy something better late, but for now it is set up there!




He had to put in the middle of the room as it's to big to fit along a wall!

I spent this morning finishing the tatami room and engawa.


Excuse the mess in the corridor!

I'm happy with how that looks now, nice and clean!

Very different to a few months ago.

Before

The big jobs there are the bathroom, toilets and the cupboards in the kitchen.

After that just vacuum all the floors and mop them. Then move all the stuff from here to there!

I'm realizing that we really do have too much stuff. Here we have 4 bedroom, 2 tatami rooms that we use for teaching and a large open plan living, dining, kitchen area.  The other house is a bout half the size!  We've thrown out a lot of stuff but looks like purging more! I've dumped a lot in the storage room. I know it isn't the answer but for now it will do.  I'm so tired and overwhelmed, I just can't think straight at the moment. Once we are settled then I can sort and throw out stuff!

I'm so tired that I've been coming out with very strange English. The other day we had obento for lunch. It was in the microwave, warming up. I asked Hannah to get them, instead of asking for her to get the obento I said "Get the earthquake out of the oven"  Never mind!!


No comments:

Post a Comment