Recipes

Monday, September 30, 2024

Can't Win

 I'm trying so hard to be positive.

So before the reason I feel defeated, yet again, I'll post something good!

This morning Mikey, Christopher and I went back to the other house.

Got Mikey and Christopher started on the office in the storage room. It was very bad, I explained what I wanted doing but didn't check when we finished, I'll have a look next time!

Managed to clean the windows in the engawa, the windows are divided by a trim. Small windows that don't open on top and large sliding windows on the bottom. They were filthy!

This was the water after I finished!!!

From the windows and trim

I guess they have never been cleaned!!

Also I saw a lot of these little guys.



Tiny lizards
In just a few minutes I saw 4 of these little things.
I have no idea how to get them out of the house! They don't bother me but I really don't like things creeping around the house. I wonder if the cats will deal with them.

I've almost finished setting up my reading area.

My reading area

Opposite end

View from my reading area

The chair in there is an old massage chair. I want to buy a nice, comfortable chair but am willing to wait until I have money and can find what I want. I want a nice reading light on the table. I can imagine spending afternoons in there, with a good book, a cup of tea and cats for company. I'm planning on putting some bird feeders out, entertainment for the cats!

And the reason I feel I can't win?  Hannah got a letter from her university, she has to pay 33,0000 yen, almost 2,000 pounds for her college tuition!
She had scholarships but because she's been working part-time she lost one scholarship. Poor girl. She has worked hard, to the point of making herself ill but is being penalized for it. One reason she has had to work is because I can't help her, also she has been saving to move to her own apartment for graduate school. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out if I can get some money from somewhere, maybe a bank loan?
She will have to go and see if she can get some help or divide the payments.  She was hoping to have time this week to do her thesis and prepare for her next teacher training. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about Japan, but in the US there are "grants" that university students can apply for. The family income needs to meet certain terms in income to qualify. Maybe check and see if something like that is available there. Sorry for your worries. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I think the scholarship she was getting was like a grant and because she is earning money that scholarship was withdrawn. It would have been nice if they had given some kind of warning! David said that one of the banks that Hannah is using has a student loan system, so she will check that!

      Delete