Recipes

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

David's Car

 David works nights so he sleeps from about 1 o'clock.  On Monday he asked Hannah to listen for the phone as he was expecting a delivery and somebody had to sign for it!

Hannah and I thought it strange, David orders the cat food and cat sand but we never have to sign for it. We were wondering what David had ordered that was so important that somebody had to sign for it!

I was talking to my friend on the phone when the door bell rang. Hannah answered it and came back with a piece of paper. She said that there was a car outside and that was the delivery! I hung up my phone and went to see, and sure enough there was a car parked in front of our house!

Apparently David had gone ahead and bought a car. He had been talking about it for a few months. He had to get a loan and I thought he was still thinking about it! He never said he had bought one!

It's a little van type car. Rather old, about 10 years but it was a company car so well maintained. Also it had it's roadworthy test just a month ago, so all the parts work.

The weird thing is the key is not an automatic key, you have to put the key in the door to unlock it. Also the windows are the old fashioned kind with handle that you have to wind up and down.

But it's nice and spacious which will help with the move and once we live in the other house it will be good for taking equipment to the fields that need to be cleared!

David's car, Mikey is moving it off the road!

We are now a two car household!

We drove in David's car to the other house yesterday.  I was having problems with the window handle.

Haven't seen these in years

It's more effort than I remembered to open the window. David was trying to demonstrate how to open the window, while he was driving. But he hit his elbow very hard on the door frame. This led him to not driving properly as he was rocking back and forth in pain.  We stopped at a red light, David moved his knee and knocked the gear shift out of drive into 2nd gear.  I was laughing so hard I was crying!!

From the side!

We got a lot done at the other house yesterday. The intense heat has broken, still hot but 30C is easier to deal with than 38C!

I've was trying to clean out the tatami room and the engawa, which I'm turning into my reading nook.

View from the engawa

I want to cut down as many of those trees as possible, and put in some bird feeders. I think this little area is going to be nice! But I've discovered that what I thought was a ledge around the room and engawa is actually very deep, great place for all kinds of insects, lizards and mice! I tried to clean it yesterday but I wasn't very confident on the ladder. 

With having two cars we can go more often to the other house. Mikey uses the other car for work, so that means even if David is free we couldn't go. I really hope that we can get things done before the end of October!!



No comments:

Post a Comment