Recipes

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Time Flies!!!!

 It's the end of September!  I keep thinking it's still August, maybe because it is still hot, although not as intense as it was!

We now have 38 days until we move. I know we can stay until January 2025 but I really want to be in the other house before it gets very cold.  Also I want to stop paying rent here so I can use that money buy things for the other house.

David, Christopher and I went again yesterday.  I managed to put away a lot of things that we have bought over, photo albums and five more boxes of books.  I've been struggling with where to put our teaching materials, we have a lot of books, flash cards and prints that we use. At first I was going to put more book shelves in the tatami room but decided to clear out the office in the storage area. I don't want to teach at the house, the house is just too small for that. I think we will use community centers, if we get enough students then we can think about renting a place. That is all up in the air at the moment. A lot depends on what Mikey wants to do. I would be happy to get a few online students. I really want to stop working but have no pension and no savings. If I could work for a few more years and save money then I could just retire, again, something that I need to think about.

David cut down a lot of the trees, weeds and bushes. Looks a lot better.

Last week

This week

Not much difference in the photos but it is a lot clearer.

Also I found a nice picture that I want to put in the entrance.

Picture I found
    

Most of the things that were on the walls were not to my taste but I like this picture. It's simple and beautiful.  I'm thinking of buying a few frames and putting some photos on the walls. The tatami and corridor are typical Japanese walls, in this awful green color. 

Green walls

Not very clear on this photo, I'll try to take some photos next time. I want to paint these walls, another project for when we have money!  But until then I'll put up some pictures and photos!!

I'm tired but have a lot to do.

Just another month! Help!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment