After watching the musical and going to the British Shop, we had a few hours before going back to the hotel.
The first idea was to visit a museum, but the ones that looked interesting were a bit too far to get to, we wouldn't have enough time to enjoy the exhibits. I really don't like rushing round museums.
Hannah had a look on the map and saw that nearer to the hotel was a cat cafe.
We jumped on the subway and got off at the station near the cat cafe. As always, Hannah said it was just a short walk to the cafe; it's always just a short walk or just down the road with Hannah!
The walk was through a lovely old shopping street!
![]() |
| I have no idea what Spider-Man has to do with the Kobe Beef! |
We found the cat cafe very easily.
This was my first time to visit a cat cafe, I was surprised at how careful the owner and staff were concerning the cats.
As we entered we were given hot towels to wipes our hands, our bags were placed on a rack near the door and we had to change from our shoes to slippers.
There was a long list of rules, most I didn't catch, but the one I did understandwas not to pick up the cats. I know from my cats that being picked up can cause stress in a cat and I guess being picked up constantly by strangers must be very stressful.
The cafe was small, maybe space for 10 customers, we sat on some bean bags. The cats were napping around the place.
We bought some treats to give to the cats, that woke them up and got them to come over to us. One rule was that you have to give the treats with your left hand and stroke the cats with your right hand. There's oil on the treats and they didn't want to transfere the oil to the cats.
The cats were very well taken care of. The owner would call their name and the cats would respond, my cats ignore me when I call them.
![]() |
| Lots of lovely cats. |
We spent an hour in the cat cafe. It was a nice way to relax, I know that most of the day was relaxing but dealing with the trains, crowds and heat was a bit stressful. I'm glad that we were only visiting Tokyo, I honestly couldn't imagine living there!
We stopped at a supermarket to get dinner, we got some nice sushi.
![]() |
| Sushi for dinner. |
We went to bed early, we were both exhausted.
The next day was a trip to Jinbucho, the booktown.
That's tomorrows post!














No comments:
Post a Comment