Recipes

Thursday, July 23, 2026

I'm Back

 This time I went somewhere.

I've been away from home for a week! Feels longer.

I spent a couple of days at Hannah's apartment, then on Saturday, July 18th, we flew to Tokyo for our trip. It was great, exhausting, fantastic and hot- VERY HOT!!

The first dilemma was getting to the airport. The bus from the station that goes directly to the airport and the bus from near Hannah's apartment didn't match up in times. We would either get to the bus station far too early and have to wait over an hour, or get there with just a few minutes to find the bus stop and get to it. The airport bus doesn't run very often; if we missed the mid-morning one, we would miss our flight. In the end, we decided on getting a taxi to the bus station.

We still got to the station a bit early, so we decided to get a drink. 

At a cafe near the station
 
The drive to the airport was nice; once you get out of the city, it's just countryside!                                                                                                                                                                               

On the way to the airport!

At the airport.

Saga Airport is very small! Also, on this day not very busy at all.


The main lobby.

The pictures are from the manga Kingdom series. I didn't get any information, but I thought this looked really nice!

Our flight was delayed, so we grabbed a bite to eat. 

A quick sandwich while we waited for our flight.

It was very strange to look out over the runway and gates and not see any planes.



Finally our flight arrived, about 40 minutes late!




The flight was fine, but the plane was very small. I had to ask for a seatbelt extender, the seatbelt was just 1cm too short!
Also, the toilet was awful, no room at all! 
We got to Haneda Airport alright, but the walk from the gate to the exit was very far! Over a kilometre! Even with the moving walkways, it felt long!
Also, so many people, too many people! It was amazing and overwhelming at the same time! I'm so use to living in the countryside, that more than 10 people feels like a lot!
It took a while to figure out which way to get out and get on the monorail to take us to the train station to get to the airport. 

A little video I took from the monorail.



We had to change 3 times to get to the station near our hotel. With each change the stations semded to get busier and busier! Hannah did very well with figuring out which train or subway to take, where to get the tickets and getting on the train that was going in the right direction.
One thing that helped was that we didn't have our suitcase with us, we sent it on to the hotel a couple of days before we left. So much easier to get around crowded stations without a suitcase!

We finally got to the area where the hotel was. One problem with Google Maps is that they don't show the elevation of the streets. The hotel wasn't that far from the station but it was uphill! A long hill at that!
I thought I was going to die, I guess I should of gotten a lot more fitter! Still we made it. Hannah got us checked in and we went to our room.
Neither of us took photos of the room. It was small but for the few days we stayed there it was okay, the air conditioning was great! It was the first thing we turned on!
We rested for a bit, then went to find some dinner.
We found a nice resturant near the hotel that wasn't too expensive.



First evenings dinner, good price for Tokyo

After dinner we went back to the hotel to rest. We were both exhausted. For me getting from Saga to Tokyo was easy, from Haneda Airport to the hotel was awful!
Still we made it!
I'll write more tomorrow! I'm still recovering from the trip, I slept most of the day but still tired!



No comments:

Post a Comment